Building Services Electrician
As a Facilities Management (FM) and building maintenance service solutions provider, we offer a comprehensive range of hard and soft services to a clients in the public and private sector across the UK. A family-friendly employer who actively supports the health and wellbeing of all our employees. We are proud to champion diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation.
An opportunity has arisen for a Mobile Maintenance Electrician to join our expanding contract based in South London to ensure that the delivery of electrical aspects are delivered in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of all of our direct and indirect clients. The working hours are 08.00 – 17.00 with 1 hour lunch (40 hours per week).
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record with (post apprenticeship) experience of planned maintenance in a highly regulated environment.
- Isolates defective equipment from power supply, checks visually for faults, tests mechanical parts for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on equipment by checking for smooth operation of the same and replacing worn and defective parts.
- The installation of electrical systems and associated equipment followed up with the appropriate certification.
- Assistance in the preparation of estimates / quotations as required.
- Taking an active part in the on call system, which may require the applicant to become an authorised person (Electrical & Mechanical Systems).
- Multi-skilled background with a good understanding of building services.
- Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops and work to GMP, (good manufacturing practice).
- The responsibility for allocated work orders from receipt to completion.
- Adherence to the Quality Management System applied to all M&E systems.
- Developing of relationships with all clients and potential new customers and Work within a site team of 59 field and office based staff.
- Qualified to City & Guilds 2360 Part 1 & 2 or equivalent NVQ & C&G 2382 -10 18th Edition
- C&G 2391-10 Inspection & Testing, & C&G 2391-20 Design & Verification preferred but not required
- Experience of installation, testing and maintenance of LV distribution systems
- Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS
- Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
- 1st Aid (emergency first aid- 1 day minimum
No agencies please. Previous applicants need not apply.